Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"What the fuck did you do to your hair?"

That was what one of my friends at work said about my new hair cut on Sunday. lol. He followed that up with "you're not going gay on us are you?". If only he knew...and i almost said "why yes i am". But all i did was give a cryptic "maybe" followed by a good laugh. One of my other co-workers added in "switch teams now and you get a free toaster oven" to which i replied "throw in a decent espresso machine, and you've got a deal". If i had any balls at all, i would have come out to everyone in the room right then and there. Just not ready for that yet though. In any event, the "going gay" comment must mean that my haircut was an unqualified success! Go to a gay stylist, get a gay hair style. :D I'm going back to him for all my hair cuts from now on. There may be hope for me yet.

I have had several people i know ask me if i've lost weight. So, it would seem my self imposed regimen of torture is working to some small degree. I have been trying to walk at least a couple of miles every day. Last week, i walked six miles one day. But that is not having as big an effect as it once did. Time to ratchet things up a bit, maybe buy a new bike or something (my old bike is nice, but not very modern or comfortable...its about 12 years old now). On top of walking, i have been doing push ups and crunches every other day or so. That seems to be having some effect as well. Here again, i think i need to kick it up a notch and start with some weight training. Diet is the hardest part. I have been depriving myself of pizza, Coca-cola, and beer/liquor. I have also moved away from the lattes and onto Americanos. Far fewer calories than even a non-fat latte. And pretty damn good to boot. I am still a work in progress tho, and there is much work to be done before i am presentable.

Had a good talk with Jack last night at work. He admitted he was surprised by the fact i am gay. He is very accepting tho, and i am really glad i decided to tell him. He was on holiday last week, and said that he was wondering if i was just playing a joke on him while he was gone. lol. Apparently, i do a damn good job of acting straight. As it turns out, Jacks brother is gay. No wonder he took it so well when i told him. We talked about how his brothers coming out affected his family, and it unfolded about as i anticipate my coming out will affect mine. Not so good. He said his parents still love his brother, but don't accept or approve of his lifestyle. Jack's brothers partner isn't allowed in his parents home. It has forever altered the parent/son relationship. Jack and i also talked about my next moves, where i want to go from here. etc. I told Jack how frustrated i am about waiting so long to come out, and how badly i want to find a partner. I also told him about my crush on Eric. I am so grateful for Jack. I asked if he wanted to establish any boundaries for our discussions, because i didn't want to offend him or make him uncomfortable with any of my gay issues. He just said "do we need boundaries?". What an awesome guy.

I got a compliment on my new shoes from another guy i work with. Looks like my little changes are having some effect after all. Here again, still a work in progress. I desperately need some sleep. I have had only about eight hours of sleep or so since Friday morning (it's now Tuesday morning for me). Time to sign off, and close my burning eyes for a while. Laterz.

9 comments:

Mirrorboy said...

:)!

You're doing great buddy. I'm so happy for you. :)

love.

tracy said...

Great haircut, great lookin' and a great sense of humor...! Love ya, kid! :) You are an inspiration to me. Thank you.

Planetx_123 said...

Compliment on your shoes?? I think you just found a fellow gay guy at work! What straight guys are commenting on others shoes?

Much Love,
Steve

Gauss Jordan said...

So we have a guy in the running for "Queer eye for the Queer guy" here? ;-)

naturgesetz said...

There you go — one step at a time.

It's great that you can talk to Jack about everything.

Anonymous said...

They know... at work. Your clever riposte was perfect. Latte machine: "How gay is that?" They must like you a lot.

Find a trainer/nutritionist!

Col said...

Great post, and your right... Jack is an awesome guy! @ Planetx; Lol. I would agree with that! :)

Well done for continuing with your "regimen of torture". It really sounds like it's paying dividends... all these compliments you're receiving.

Take care,
Col

Randy said...

ITS ABOUT TIME YOU CHEERED UP!!

What did I tell you?????

New image equals more self confidence....

You owe everything to me!!!! rofl

we'll settle this in vegas...

Deadwing said...

@mirrorboy: thanks! *hugs* i wouldn't be here without your help.

@tracy: thanks so much. :)i'm flattered. and, you're welcome. :P

@steve: lol...well, he was making some comments about going out and trying gay sex a while back.he was joking (or at least i thot he was at the time. he's divorced with 2 kids...wouldn't be the first i'm sure. but, he is well dressed, so maybe just noting my small changes in fashion. hmm...

@gauss jordan: lol...i could use those guys to complete my re-model of myself... :)

@naturgesetz: jack is a blessing. i am so grateful to have his friendship, and to be able to talk to him about anything at all. i think he is really flattered that i trust him enough to tell him these things.

@anon: some of them probably do know, and others suspect i'm sure. i find myself dropping little hints from time to time...like by subconscious is trying to out me. and yeah, i have some really good friends at work. i just hop ethey will still be ther as friends when i come out to them.

@col: yeah, jack is a blessing. my regimen needs to be updated, as the dividends are starting to dwindle a bit. i need to kick it into high gear,

@randy: i wouldn't say i've cheered up, but the bad days are not as bad as they once were. yes, we WILL settle up in vegas! :)