Friday, April 10, 2009

Weekend? What weekend?

I have a few extra minutes on my break, and the signal is strong on my mobile for the moment, so I thought I'd pop in and say hello. As most of you already know, I work all weekend including Friday nights. Oh joy. My social life sucks and is about as boring as watching the grass grow. Not much going on on a Tuesday or Wednesday night when I have off. Even if there were, finding someone to do something with is difficult.

My sister is in town visiting until Sunday afternoon. I very briefly considered coming out to her while she is here, but dismissed the notion just as quickly. Her and my mom tell each other everything. Even if I swore her to secrecy, my guess is that she would talk sooner or later. But then again, maybe not. Maybe things have changed since we were kids. All I know is that she threw me under the bus more than once when we were kids. Better to play it safe for now I reckon.

I don't have any big Easter plans, as I'm not very religious and I have to work. Our weather has turned back to the rainy, cold crap from the warm sun we had just a few days ago. The rain and clouds never used to bother me. Now, all I can think about is getting the fuck out of here and moving someplace where it's a bit warmer and the sun shines more. Maybe out of the country. Who knows. It's time for a change. I'm stuck in a rut.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Laters.

4 comments:

torchy! said...

from what you've said, i'd be wary about telling your sister without subletly sounding her out first. i dunno what sort of convos you have with her, but are there any mutual friends you have that are gay you could talk about. or perhaps invent someone at work who's come out?

actually i haven't got a fckn clue sorry, but i'm with you all the way whatever. ^_^

i'm sure there'll be loads of ppl along in a while to give you some proper advice!

either way, try to chill and not be in a hurry about things. draw up some plans.

take care
torchy!

ps. my word verification is 'gomary'! words of encouragement from blogger - lol.

Anonymous said...

Mine's something like 'Sauce Pixy.
The cheek!

I know - shift work sucks. I used to do it too. Not nights, but very early starts and then midnight finishes with on call crap all night.

You're right - does absolutely nothing for your social life. The consolation I had was it paid well so I could holiday with people I wanted to and we could afford to do what we wanted to.

Wasn't until I stopped doin that and got some more social hours that I finally got another lover.

Don't chase the sun too much, though. Remember global warming?

cvn70 said...

DW

the weather yo describe is sounding like some of our favorite bloggers and the mood in general

sisters you know i could not trust them from keeping things from Mom. It is like they cannot resist. I amsure you will find the right time and when you find that warm wheather let me know

take care and be safe, happy easter

bob

Deadwing said...

@torchy!: thanks for sticking with me mate. :D regarding sis, we have never really had any discussion about how either of us feel about gays, etc. i was gonna use your idea and invent someone from work, or something, but the right opening never presented itself. oh well, the timing didn't feel right anyway. lol...gomary :P

@micky: omg...i'm gonna be doing shift work until i'm at least 50 (when i'm eligible to retire). i don't think i'll make it if i have to wait that long to find a boyfriend and get a social life. sure, i get paid well, but is it really worth it i wonder? sadly, i can't even holiday with anyone. i can never get leave when the rest of the world wants to go on holiday. last year, i had two weeks off in the middle of october...yay for me. oh yeah, global warming...riiiight. :P

@bob: yeah, my sis tells my mom everything. i really don't thinks that's changed. and yes, the weather i describe does a good job of describing my mood as well. i'm still in search of the warm weather...