Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quickie update

For those who are interested, yesterday was a complete waste of time. I got my hair cut as planned, and the guy who cut it turned out to be really nice. He said that his mom had mentioned me to him, but didn't go into much detail. Sadly he didn't seem too keen on the idea of getting together though. Yet another dead end.

I was a little early for my hair appointment, so I went into the shoe store to have a look. The guy I worked with last week was there (also pretty cute), but my " target" was nowhere to be seen. An hour later, after my hair appointment, still no cutie shoe boy. :( Oh well, probably would have been pointless anyway. No sense in spoiling my no hitter.

Maybe I should just start hitting on random cute guys, see if I can get a few takers. I'll either make some friends/get a boyfriend or get the shit beat out of me by said cute guy and six of his best gay hating buddies. I've had about three hours of sleep since Friday morning, and now that I think about it, being beat into a coma would probably be quite restful. Time to go back to work now. Laterz.

5 comments:

Planetx_123 said...

Well I admire your bravery. I have such a self-paralyzing fear of rejection, I don't think I could do that. Good for you! They say you have to keep trying otherwise your surely never going to find anyone. That's what they say at least-- and I would be smart to heed my own advice, but thats easier said than done.

I was actually on MSN last night looking for you, but alas :-(

Talk to you soon-

Much Love,
Steve

Anonymous said...

You tried, important to keep trying. Maybe the guy meets a lot of people through his mom? Was the haircut nice?

I tend to hit on people that are alone; makes it less awkward. Come up with an exit plan (or line) then go for it. Good luck.

Mirrorboy said...

Just a couple hurdles on the track to happiness.

You'll be fine sweetie. Try again some other day. :)

lotsa love

Seth said...

Please don't EVER say something like that. "quite restful". Oh my god that makes me SO upset to even think about that. Thats HORRIBLE. :(

Deadwing said...

@steve: aww...sorry i missed you. :( i was on for a few minutes, but went to bed to close my eyes, even tho i didn't get any sleep. lol...they say a lot of things, whoever they are. :) and you are right, it's much easier said than done, and failure isn't exactly a great motivator.

@s: the hair cut was nice, and i will go back and have this guy cut it again...he does a great job. yeah, that makes heaps of sense. i am always afraid that not only will i be rejected, but there will be witnesses to my failure. but still not knowing if a guy i'm interested in is gay or not makes the situation awkward to the point that i simply don't bother talking to him. :(

@mirrorboy: thanks buddy. :D i'm gonna get in my car and smash those hurdles to bits. lol. :p

@seth: sorry. :( didn't mean to upset you. sleep deprivation does strange things to ones thoughts. as of now (3:38am tueasday morning) i have had about 8 hours of sleep since friday morning. not fun at all.