Saturday, April 4, 2009

Burnt to a crisp.

Hiya. Just a quickie post as i'm very tired right now. But i wanted to get a quick post in tonight because i will be working all day tomorrow (Sunday for me) and turning around to a mid (night) shift tomorrow night.

Before i forget, thanks to everyone who commented on my last post. I will try to make individual responses when i get some time.

So, today was the first day in months there has been both sunshine and "warm" temperatures. By warm i mean it was almost 60 f (about 14 c). After this long, cold, snowy winter, that felt really good. :) We also had our annual Easter egg hunt at work today. Every year, our employees association puts on an Easter egg hunt for the kids and families of the people who work at my place of employment. It usually rains, but today was splendid. The grounds are huge, with plenty of trees and lawn area for the kids. It's really quite a bit of fun for everyone. This year, i got selected to help out with getting things set up and just kind of being a public relations guy during the festivities. Basically, i got to fuck off and do no real work for about three hours and spend some time in the sun and fresh air. LOL. The downside is, after being locked indoors for the past six months, i am about as pale as pale can be. Well, i should say "was" pale. Now i'm sunburned beyond recognition. LOL.

I've actually been a very busy boy today. When i got home from work, i mowed my lawn for the first time since last October (it was about a foot tall and required me to haul about six bags of grass clippings up-hill to my compost heap), washed my car (it's so pretty when it's clean :p), and decided to treat myself to a nice steak cooked on the grill for all my hard work (washed down with an icy cold beer of course). With the combination of sun, fresh air and work, i should sleep like the dead tonight.

I think i will attempt coming out to Jack once again tomorrow night. I'll let you all know how it goes on Monday. *crosses fingers, hopes not to chicken out again*

I'll leave you with another photo. I took this photo this evening while my coals were getting up to temp in the grill. The view is looking southeast towards Mt. Rainier from the park down the street from my house. Enjoy! :)

10 comments:

naturgesetz said...

That's a great pic.

Sleep well.

Sethy said...

Sounds like an excellent day!

Think I'll come and visit next weekend. I'll even mow the lawn if you do the teak. Yum!

:) Enjoy your week

Sethy

Anonymous said...

Yesterday was nice here - so we went to the supermarket and spent the rest of the day trying to get the new broadband hub to work!

Today's less gd. Don't fancy going out now!

Hope the food rewarded your efforts. Now, not too much chocolate, or you'll get all excited!

cvn70 said...

DW

beautiful picture and good luck speaking with Jack

we going to be in the fifities all week here so it sounds like you might be having better wheather

take care and be safe

bob

Col said...

Excellent pic! Good luck with telling Jack on Monday, although it sound like he'll be great about it anyway.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Col

Mr. Urs said...

It's time that we get you a boyfriend. It's the only thing missing in that (almost) perfect weekend.

Randy said...

Quit having such a good time!!!!

I would kill for a steak on the grill and a beer, where was my invite????

Good luck man telling Kev...

holla atcha boy!

Anonymous said...

Yes, sun and outside and air and physical labor! Really, few things work better for a making someone feel good (well, aside from the discomfort of the burn). But I hope you noticed the difference. :)

tracy said...

Hi Easter Bunny! (see, 'cause you got to set up, ect....). Take care of that sunburn. Glad you had a good time. Hope you can find a way to put more fun in to your life!
OOOOOOOOO, tracy

Deadwing said...

@naturgesetz - Thank you. :)

@sethy - i'll do the steak, but you have to bring the beer. :p

@micky - chocolate is another weakness of mine. *drools* lol

@bob - thanks. forecast highs in the low 70's for tuesday. it's about bloody time!

@col - thanks! i'll be working all weekend, but work isn't so bad with the right people.

@gomad.ch - omg...you read my mind! i need a boyfriend in a bad way. any suggestions? lol :)

@randy - you have an open invite, just show up! :p

@james - sunburn is a small price to pay for getting some warm sun. :) and yeah, it does wonders for my mood.

@tracy - i'd draw the line at putting on that bunny costume. :P