Friday, September 18, 2009

Uprising

Hiya! OK, so i just got home from work and i'm tired as hell, but OMG what a fun night! I spent my breaks at work texting the guy i met at the concert. :D We have a lot more in common than just the music we listen to. We both love hiking, bicycling, science, music in general, a bunch of other stuff i'm to tired to think of at the moment lol. He seemed very interested in what i do for a living, and i offered to get him in for a tour and he was really excited about that. :P I learned about him a little bit too, and he seems like a really nice guy. He seems a bit like me in some regards (the good ones mostly, but he seems kind of shy like i am). He's still in college, so he's a bit younger than me. But given that we seem to get a long so well, i don't think that will matter much regardless of where this winds up going. I really enjoyed talking with him, and he seemed to like talking to me too. Our conversations flowed really well. We never seemed to stall on any one subject. In fact, i have been home for almost two hours and we have been texting ever since then (he finally said goodnight a few minutes ago). I'm really trying to keep my hopes from getting to high, as i still have no idea if he's even gay or if he knows or suspects that i am, etc. Deep down though, i really do hope this will turn into something more than just a friendship. But i really feel stupid even entertaining that thought. The reality is that it just isn't likely to happen. I'd only be setting myself up for disappointment by expecting anything more than just a friendship. But even with as little as i actually know about him, i really like him (and not just his good looks lol). I probably sound rather foolish rambling on like this. In any event, he will no doubt be a great friend, as we do have so much in common and have proved we can talk for hours about all sorts of things. It seems funny now how nervous i felt talking to him at the concert. It's interesting how asking one little question about how he managed to get such a good seat has got me as far as this, and with so much more possible in the future. Enough of my blather...

Are you sick of me posting songs yet? Tough shit. Get over it. :D So, concert boy mentioned to me that Muse is his favorite band. Muse is one of my favorite bands too. As a way of having a conversation starter, i bought their new album "The Resistance" Wednesday night (i got to Best Buy five minutes before they closed and got the last copy on their shelves...talk about luck!) and gave it a few listens. I would have bought it eventually anyway, but i had a little extra motivation to do it in a timely fashion. :P OMFG, what an absolutely fucking brilliant album! I have listened to this disc non-stop all day...in the car, on break at work, for the third time since getting home from work...haha. Without further ado, "Uprising"...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be just fantastic wouldn't it?!

I know what you're telling yourself - and I'm certain I'd be doing exactly the same thing!

If love and a physical relationship is going to blossom then it will obviously take both of you to achieve that. If you are both nervous, then neither of you is going to make a move for fear of upsetting the other.

You need to have a plan, methinks - of how to take it on, one step at a time.

My own view is that unless this guy is one of the quite small minority of exclusively straight men, then he's likely to be happy to show affection to you - if the time is right.

Most people are bisexual, and given the changes in society which even in the most liberated countries are still in their infancy, we will see a lot more gay behaviour.

The chances are therefore very high that if your love develops as a result of friendship and a widening of understanding between you, he will go with a cuddle and all, maybe eventually, everything that happens after that.

Continue to let it be exciting but take it gently, of course.

Good Luck!

naturgesetz said...

It's great that you've met someone with whom you have so much in common and who seems as interested in being in touch with you as you are with him. There is obviously the potential for real friendship here.

Micky may be right about the likelihood of his showing affection. But even that would not necessarily mean that he is gay or has a large gay component in his sexuality.

For now I think Micky's practical advice to "take it gently" makes excellent sense. A lasting friendship with him could be very satisfying. At some point you may be close enough and trusting enough with each other that you can comfortably share the information of your own sexuality.

Congrats on finding a way to stay in contact.

Gauss Jordan said...

Smitten, are we? :-)

That's cool to see! I'm kind of in a similar situation, but from a different direction... I met a guy who I know is gay. He knows I'm gay. We're talking, we're doing stuff, but i'm not sure if we're "going out" or "hanging out" and even if there's a difference. We don't really do much by ourselves, and when we did talk a little last weekend, we hugged, and went on our way.

I've come to the conclusion that rRelationships (friend, dating, gay, straight) are a little more complicated when it's not necessarily obvious who would be interested in kissing whom. :-)

Rox said...

Uprising is fuckin epic.

Jason Carwin said...

Oh, I hope that your friendship does turn into something special. That would be so cool.

Of course, even if it doesnt, that's ok. Like you said, I'm sure you two will become good friends, and sometimes it is better to make a friend for life rather than a boyfriend for a few months.

Mr McCabbage said...

Give your soul and guides a chance, they also want to succeed. Yes most people are bi, however you don't yet know his history. Many people have hangups, a need for healing, or for a slow introduction. Usually if you run into defence, it has nothing to do with you but is between the other person and himself. And then the harmony is broken, they have lost face. So be sure to follow events and not lead them - except where you are clearly prodded to act, like at the concert. The difference between guidance and our own will is hard to learn. By not counting your own expenses, just sincerely wanting the other person to have a better and larger life, you call on the best help. Humans are less forgiving than feral cats, but can be tamed. Stats of course show that few earn their reward, be they gay or str8. There is something deep and meaningful (not money) you can give him, or you would not have met. Don't blame him when he lacks that, rather then supply it. Always ask what a happy person would have done.

Planetx_123 said...

Good for you and regardless of outcome, its nice making new friends. I will go buy this album now. I have always liked the Muse I have heard, but never actually purchased an album.

I would work on the 'friendship' part first before even breaching it into anything further. If you don't even know if he's gay or not, then I would let him make the first move. If he's interested, then it will happen at some point, and if he's not then you can either have a friend or an awkward conversation.

But this is advice coming from someone who is too shy (self-conscious) to ask anyone out...so don't listen to me. I will be alone forever, probably.

Steve

Seth said...

Well, don't think negatively. You never know maybe something positive will happen. I wish you best luck that something does.

*hugs*

torchy! said...

i'm hoping the best for you, i.e. that whatshisface is totally hot for you :P

btw i just ordered resistance on your recommendation, so it had better be good. lol

torchy!

Mr. Urs said...

Brilliant! I hope the texts kept flowing...

Steevo said...

L I B

Will wonders never cease?

And I thot you had given up on him after a long period of no response from him.

Once more, I shall not even whisper, :\"I told you so..." shhhhh