Saturday, July 4, 2009

Really? Why?

I don't know why, but I have been listening to a lot of electronic/trance/dance music lately. I finally renewed my subscription to Sirius satellite radio, and have had one of their three electronic/dance channels tuned in continuously. Tiesto is my favorite at the moment, and I have been buying his and others cd's like they are going out of style. The production is superb. The beats are infectious. Too bad I can't fucking dance.

When my sister called me yesterday to tell me she's coming for a visit next month and has tickets for both a baseball game and a concert and wanted to know if I'm interested in going with her to those events, she had no idea what I was about to hit her with. After we talked for about 15 minutes, I told her I had something I wanted to talk to her about. Something that needed to be kept secret. I made her promise to keep quiet until I said it was ok to talk and she said "are you going to tell me you're gay?". Bingo. "Really? Why?" Needless to say, she was a bit shocked. We talked for a while longer, and I told her everything. She is like everyone else I've told so far...100% accepting and supportive. She also seems to think that things will go better with my mom than I expect they will. But, I'm still nervous about telling her. The time to talk to my mom is rapidly approaching however.

One of my friends at work actually approached me yesterday and asked if I had something I wanted to tell him. Well, as a matter of fact I do. He was literally next on my list if people to tell and he heard the rumors from someone who has been retired for almost a year. What the fuck?! Goddamn rumor mill! So, I told him and we talked and once again, people are surprising me by how accepting and supportive they are. It turns out his sister is gay. I am out to my entire crew now and more people are finding out everyday. But, still no one seems to be able or willing to hit the town with me or help me network.

Ok, I need to get back to work. Anyone know where I can find a boyfriend? Now accepting applications...apply within...lol

10 comments:

Planetx_123 said...

Well- if you get any apps that you don't want a 'face to face' interview-- shoot them my way.

Electronica/techno/dance is awesome-- it gets your body moving! And everyone can dance!! If you think you can't dance, that just means you haven't drank enough alcohol yet!

If you want some good gay dance music (dance not techno) check out Love is Gone - David Guetta.

This song was really popular last year, and they played it every time I went out to the local club-- I love dancin' to it, but that takes some 'lubrication' (see first point) :-)

Much Love and when am I going to find you on MSN!? Although I suppose that requires me to get on too!

steve

Seth said...

Hooray for coming out to one more (two, i guess) people going so well!!

*hugs* and happy holiday weekend

sorry can't help with the boy situation LOL

:)

naturgesetz said...

Not familiar with the music, so no comment on that.

Glad your sister took it well, and that everybody's been supportive so far.

Mr. Urs said...

I would really help a bit on the boyfriend situation if you came out to friends whose brothers are gay. Sisters just don't help much in this case.

Anonymous said...

*applies within* ^_^

Haha, that's the SAME exact thing my sister said! You can't fool siblings easily, esp not sisters it seems.

I'm glad it went well. :) *hugs*

Jeremy said...

I'm happy for you :)

*hugs*

Not much I can do about the boy business.. Yer kinda far away from me lol

*hugs again*

Gauss Jordan said...

Hah. I asked my brother after I came out to him if he had any clue... he balked, but eventually fessed up to wondering for years. :-P

And hey seriously: give it a month or so for people to become comfortable with the news. After a bunch of misses, I finally (I hope!!!) got the right "in." We'll see in a week or two if I start to actually (gasp) meet other guys within ~10 years of my age with careers. ;-P

cvn70 said...

DW

Sounds like things are going well over all and look how far you have come in the last few months you will get this boy friend thing down soon. Yuor mom that one is up to you how and when you do that

take care and be safe

bob

Anonymous said...

your post sounds very upbeat and I think that's a good thing... cheers and happy 4th!

Jeremy said...

Psst psst I don't know if you've been tagged but I tagged you anyway :P

http://thoughts-ofaboy.blogspot.com/2009/06/game-day-bit-different.html

So post where you blog from :D