Monday, July 20, 2009

finally...

I'm finally out to my mom. I set up a dinner date with her, saying i wanted to take her to dinner in return for her house sitting for me while i was on holiday. Also, i needed to install a new lock set on the front door of her apartment. So, i went over and put in the new locks, and told her i had something to talk to her about and that she may want to sit down. Of course, she doesn't sit down. She just says "what is it?". "Do you want to know why i've been so unhappy and miserable most of my life?" i ask. "What is it?" she says again. So, i tell her. She gives me a long blank stare..."is that it?". Really? What do you mean is that it? "My God, i thought you were going to tell me you had cancer or were dying or something". So i tell her how lonely i've been and still am, how much regret i carry over what i've missed out on, how hard it was to carry that secret, how scared i was of someone finding out. We talked, i cried. She seems to have taken it really well.

So, now all the most important people in my life know i'm gay. All of them still love me, and are there for me and only want me to be happy.

17 comments:

~mikeyboy said...

Glad it went well! I don't think I'll be out to my parents for a long time...

Mr. Urs said...

Brilliant news and well done. Now if only that boyfriend would come along like a knight in shining armour on his white horse.

EM said...

That made med tear up, and now my co-worker is looking at me strangely. Hahaha

cvn70 said...

dw

happy to hear this is mut be a weight off your shoulders

take care and be safe

bob

Lightning Baltimore said...

Fantastic!

Gauss Jordan said...

Aww. That's great.

It's funny how my mom went to the same place ("you're sick?") that yours did, immediately. Oh. She also thought I lost my job, and then played 20 questions for the next hour or two (story here). ;-)

Anything change the day after?

Anonymous said...

wonderful! 8-)

naturgesetz said...

I'm glad she's cool with it. Too bad we can't ever be sure in advance that they'll take it that well. It would make coming out so much less stressful.

Seth said...

I'll try and avoid all the trite stuff, but will say congratulations again.
*hugs*

Mr McCabbage said...

Well she has a son who can and is willing to fix locks, who can afford and is willing to buy her dinner - who is willing to even visit and talk to her. Christians are supposed to count their blessings and consider their own sins.

Bruce said...

Congratulations, glad it went well.

torchy! said...

awesome, just totally awesome :)

torchy!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! *hugs*

Jeremy said...

Yayyyy I'm glad it went well :)

Now you can be you and find a boyfriend and be happy :)

*hugs*!

Sethy said...

huggles!

I have a feeling your new lightness (with all that weight off your shoulders) is going to make life a lot easier from now on...

Peace

S

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm glad that worked out so well for you!

Oh by the way, I've missed talking to you for the week!

Seth said...

hey we haven't heard from you in a while, is everything ok?

*hugs*