Thursday, April 22, 2010

Some really random shit.

Some days, i seriously question why i even bother getting out of bed. This whole week has been like that. Just a miserable son-of-a-bitch. Goes back to last Saturday i guess...

My boyfriend is still in college. He got laid off from his job a few years ago and took the opportunity to go back to school. Good for him. Really. I did the same thing. Only i quit a perfectly good job to go back to school and pursue a new career (which pays really well, but bores the living shit out of me these days and puts too many restrictions on what i can do with my personal life, i.e random drug tests, can't get treated for certain medical conditions). But i digress... Anyway, as a full time college student at a highly regarded university, E doesn't have much in the way of free time. I am lucky to have him for the little time i do on Friday nights and Saturdays. Well, most of Saturday now. His latest school project has him doing all sorts of crazy shit schedule wise and now he needs 5 hours out of Saturday to do this stuff for school. Fucking great. I don't get to see him all goddamn week and the ONE FUCKING DAY i should be able to spend time with him is now occupied by his school work. I guess i'm being a bit selfish, but FUCK. I work my ass off all week long, earning a living so i can have nice stuff and buy nice stuff for E and provide a secure future for the both of us, and now i can't even have one goddamn fucking day to spend with the man i love? Jesus Christ on a crutch. How frustrating.

I think i mentioned in a previous post how i took new days off (actual weekends off for once) in order to spend more time with E. See how that's backfired on me... What really annoys me isn't that he's gone five fucking hours out of the one day a week i get with him, but rather we can't plan a fucking thing to do. Can't plan an overnight trip, can't go for a hike (i mean the time he needs is from 11am until about 4pm, right in the middle of the goddamn day for fuck sake), can't go for a day trip, can't do a fucking thing. And come Sunday morning, POOF!!! he's gone for another week and i'm left wondering what the fuck.

On an unrelated note, E says i swear too much. Especially the "F" bomb. I wonder what the fuck he's talking about....

Anywho, i guess i just needed to vent. I know he's only doing what he needs to do. But what about me? I don't get any time with my man, i don't get to de-stress from the Hell that my job has become (unless you count the vast quantities of liquor i now consume), and i go back to work the next week more stressed out than i was the previous week.

My job is high stress (and those of you who know what i do will know what i mean). But despite it's stress levels, it bores me to death. Its always the same old shit. And not to blow my own horn, but i'm really good at what i do and it's really quite easy for me. This one does this, that one does that, everyone lives. But should i fuck up... Not that i would ever fuck up. So, i am an instructor at work. I warp young, impressionable minds into twisted voids of insanity. I really enjoy teaching. It's the only thing i like about my job anymore, and even it is becoming stale. So, i did the unthinkable...i bid on a management position. Yep, i'm now a traitor in the eyes of my peers. But fuck them anyway, i'll be the one laughing when i get the $30k a year pay increase AND get to tell them what to do!

Still, i wonder if i will be happy with that for long. I seem to get bored easily and need something new relatively frequently. But with all the bullshit of my job, i still can't have any real fun in my free time because of all the restrictions my job places on my personal life. It really annoys me that i can't have any fun, especially considering E smokes pot on occasion. I want to be able to have that to share with him. And my stupid fucking job won't let me. With the stress levels my job provides me, smoking a joint now and then would probably really do me some good. I'd probably drink a lot less. Time to find a new career. One that pays six figures and gives me some personal freedoms.

Depression has really been fucking with me lately. Yet another "benefit" of my job...just being diagnosed as "depressed" would cost me my employment, and forget about getting treatment. So, i get to suffer. E has mild depression (who doesn't these days), but my condition is a bit more serious than just being depressed. Both he and i have self diagnosed me with something more than just depression. Again, i lose my job if my employer finds out. Maybe i shouldn't be talking about this here... Whatever. You guys won't tattle on me, will you. But i do have one blessing. E. He loves me despite my condition and the mood swings and the shit i put him through from time to time. I still have a hard time wrapping my head around that. He loves me. No matter what.

Well, if that isn't a random ass collection of thoughts, i don't know what is.

By the way, FUCK YOU, COMCAST!!! LICK MY FUCKING BALLS!!! I'M SICK OF PAYING GOOD FUCKING MONEY FOR YOUR SHITTY SERVICE!!! Oh, sorry, XFINITY. Whatever. You still FUCKING SUCK! Come on people, It's 2010. Getting reliable cable TV, internet and phone service shouldn't be such a problem. You wouldn't believe how often my cable goes out, or my phone, or perhaps worst of all, my internet. Good fucking God. What brought that on you ask? My cable is out AGAIN!!! The second time tonight. and when you call to ask why your $70/month cable TV is out for the second time in one evening? That's right, no dial tone on my phone. Lucky i still have internet, for now. This shit is enough to piss off the Pope.

OK, i'm having a bad day, can't you tell??? Sorry for being so grouchy. I hope it was at least amusing.

Oh yeah, i gave E a key to my house. I'm thinking of asking him to move in with me soon (especially considering that he lives in a shitty neighbourhood and i worry about him). BIG step, kind of scares me...

Until next time...

P.S. (Who actually reads this shit anyway? Should i even bother writhing this blog anymore?)

10 comments:

lazyboy43 said...

Your bf thinks you use the F-word too much? Hahahaha whatever would make him think that, I wonder.

For what it's worth I'M reading you and I can understand your stress and frustration. (Maybe that's where the f-word is coming from.)

Try to hang in there... it won't last forever.

Anonymous said...

I really like your little updates now and then, especially considering where you were in your life when you started blogging and how much it has changed. It makes me happy to think of even though I'm just a silent reader sitting in my office on the other side of the world.

Regarding the depression etc. thing, is it possible to seek private treatment without your employer finding out? It might be expensive, but worth it in the long run!

Mr. Urs said...

Yes, you fucking should bother!

naturgesetz said...

I don't know what your job is, but given the consequences of fouling up, I have my hypothesis. Could be wrong, though.

Anyway, the stress is understandable, the depression is not good, and the heavy drinking is not good. So I think you're wise to be considering a career change. Maybe getting into management will ease the stress for you and allow you to cut back on the booze. But it's time for some sort of change.

And I like the idea of private, confidential treatment for the depression. But if you're put on meds, they might find them in the drug tests. So idk.

As for the bf, it's rough now, but how about after the semester's over. Does he get a decent summer vacation that you can look forward to?

Anonymous said...

Yeah i don't talk to you much anymore so I like to read updates. I'm reading every word!

I just don't feel I have much to say in comment form is all :/

Scott said...

That was awesome ! And my boyfriend told me the other day "honey ... you're sure using the "F" word a lot today". I was like ... "Are you fuckin' kidding me?" Hahahaha

ComcastCares1 said...

Hello there!

I read comment regarding Comcast. I am sorry to learn about the problem you are experiencing with our company. I work for Comcast and I'd like to help. If you are interested in my help, you can contact me and provide the phone number associated with your account and a link to this page.

I hope that things get better for you and good luck on the management position! 

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Jack said...

All that hard work. Obviously,I'm sure you're gonna be happy in the end.

Don't stop. I just started reading your posts and it will be heartbreaking to see a stop to your blog now that I already like it.

take it easy

Gauss Jordan said...

lol. I'm with you. Comcast / Time Warner / Cable Companies in general suck monkey balls.

Anyway, I think our generation is wired for change every 4-5 years. I know that for me, I've become impatient, and am wondering just what I'm doing working with the same people, in the same fundamental job that I started in June 2005.

Steevo said...

Have "E" move in. At least you'd see him a bit more. Remember where you were b4, so let him finish university and try to get by. Somehow. This has gotta be better than when you started the blog after MBoy pointed you in my direction! LOL Even MB has a guy now.

HUGS

steevo