Thursday, April 1, 2010

As promised....

Here are your pictures from my trip. I took several hundred photos, so this is a very small sampling of what i took. Naturally, i'm keeping the best ones for myself. I mean, i can't have my best photos out there for people to steal off the interwebs. And yes, these are my photos, so no use of the photos i post on this blog by anyone, anywhere without my permission. I'm a greedy, selfish bastard, aren't i? That is, assuming anyone would want to use my photos. At any rate, the trip was fantastic. I really didn't want to leave. The bf and i had a great time, and it was so wonderful to have him all to myself for almost a week. I'm a bit buzzed as i write this, so i hope i don't get too carried away. Being back "home" really sucks. I fucking hate it here. The crowds, the prickish people, all of it. And i fucking hate going to work every day. The politics and bullshit really wear me down and depress me. Yeah, depression is still a problem despite having a wonderful boyfriend who loves me. He knows about my depression and sticks with me despite my periodic moodiness and melancholy. I feel so bad for putting him through what i do, but i can't help who i am. Despite it all, he loves and accepts me good and bad alike. What a blessing he is. I only wish my job would allow me to get treatment for my depression. But alas, even the diagnosis of depression would spell the end of my career (my work is dependent upon me keeping a medical clearance and depression is disqualifying). Too bad they do random drug testing too. I'm sure smoking pot would help correct my various conditions.

Windows Vista is a steaming pile of shit. I have Windows 7 on my desktop (better than Vista, but still not great), and my main laptop is a Mac (as will be every new computer i buy from now on). But my old laptop ran Vista. I fucking hate it. So, i finally put to use the unlimited license copy of Windows XP i've had sitting around for a couple of years (i got it from a friend who got it from sources who shall remain nameless lol). Yes, it's genuine. And legal. I installed it on my old laptop. What a bitch. I had to change some obscure setting in the BIOS in order for set-up to recognize my hard drive and install XP. I hate Hewlett Packard, as they do everything in their power to make sure you can't do anything to the computer you bought from them other than re-install the factory OS and software. It took me for fucking ever to hunt down drivers for my installed hardware that was compatible with Windows XP (fucking HP only offers drivers for Vista on their website). But fuck them, i'm a determined mother fucker. I am now running Windows XP without all the bullshit software and garbage HP insists on dumping on consumers. This old laptop rocks now! Soooooo fast and *SHOCK* it doesn't crash every two minutes.

I'm going to see Muse on Friday!!! Should be absolutely amazing! And the Silversun Pickups are opening! BONUS!!! I love them too!

But i digress... Here are the photos at last. Let me know what you think, won't you?


^ Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach from my balcony



^ Giant tree (6 feet in diameter) fallen across my hiking trail



^ Neahkahnie Mountain (and the Pacific Ocean) as viewed from the trail



^ The view from atop Neahkahnie Mountain



^ The Oregon Coast from atop Neahkahnie Mountain



^ Sunset at Cannon Beach

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures man

Gauss Jordan said...

Hey, looks like a great trip! I need to start planning my own "decompression" vacation...

Good luck sorting out the work issues. I sort of know how you feel. I'm not depressed about work, but i realize now that my job has lost the mystique that it once had, and that bothers me. I wonder if I'll ever get that back.

Unknown said...

The photos are great, especially the first one.

It's really too bad about your job. I'm in medicine and can't believe that some jobs prevent people from getting treated for their medical problems.

Planetx_123 said...

Awesome pictures! And Silversun/Muse just came through nashville but I had to miss it :-(

I love Silversun tho-- one of my favs. I like Muse, I just never put their albums on my Zune to really get into them. Im sure that I would've loved the show tho.

Have fun!!

Steve

cvn70 said...

DW

It al looks and sounds so nice. I am very happy for you

take care and be safe

bob

Leon Koh said...

Happened to surf into your blog randomly..nice blog you have...

Greetings from a fellow blogger..just to let you know that there is a surfer passing by reading your blog.. love the pictures of the mountains and the sea

Leon Koh
Singapore
visit my blog http://hanleong.blogspot.com/