Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Blogiversary Part II

Well, it looks like the two year anniversary of my little blog passed unnoticed by even me. March 15th marked two years that this blog has been around. There have been a lot of changes in the blogosphere and the world at large in that time frame. The two year anniversary of me being a proud, openly gay man passed on March 20th. Fast forward to today, and i have a wonderful partner that i love very much and a happy home life that was just a dream a few years ago.

I have a good life, and i couldn't have the life i have without the help and love of people that i have never met in real life. All the friends i made by blogging and being a part of our little online community really made the worst of it easier to bear. People like James who was always there to hear me bitch about something and try to help me through it. And Steevo, who not only was there to lend an ear but who encouraged me to go to my first PFLAG meeting and was a constant source of encouragement and provider of resources. Also included are all the people who read my blog, commented on my blog, chatted with me on MSN.

But the one who really started me on my path to where i am today was Mirrorboy. He was the first person i ever told that i was gay, the one who always had a kind word for me when i was feeling down no matter how down he was himself, the most selfless and caring friend anyone would ever want to have online or in real life. So Mirrorboy, here's to you mate. Thanks for always being there for me buddy. I miss chatting with you immensely. Even though we haven't spoken in ages, i still think of you often. I love you buddy, and where ever you are and whatever you might be doing i hope you are happy and healthy and on the path to life good life you deserve.

4 comments:

Planetx_123 said...

I think mirrorboy is doing well-- especially right now! he's with his boyfriend in...wherever his bf lives (i forget aussie city names :p).

He shows up every once in a while on twitter and his presence always brightens my day. Obviously, your relationship with him is a bit "heavier" than mine, but mirrorboy certainly had a positive influence on me as well. As did many people in this world that has so unfortunately atrophied.

In any case, its so wonderful to hear you are doing so well! And encouraging! I remember having a few convos with you where you lemented lonliness, etc.

One of these days, we'll have to catch up.

Much Love,
Steve

Mirrorboy said...

Aww thanks buddy. :P I'm really happy for you and glad that your life has steadily improved from the point where i first met you, and i'm glad to have played a small part in helping you to achieve some of the goals that you thought would always be out of reach. Of course you wouldn't be where you are today if you didn't put the work and effort in to make it happen, so you should be very proud of yourself. As i am. (:

I'm on holiday for a month on the eastern coast of Australia at the moment, almost a thousand miles from home, at my boyfriend's house. Needless to say i've come a long way too and, life is pretty good for me right now. :P

I'm glad you're doing well, and good luck for the future. Happy blogversary. :P <3

Seth said...

Happy Aniiversary!!

Hi! It's Sethboyardee here. Sorry to be rude and drop this comment here a bit selfish of me, and completely off subject - but I've recently returned to blog land after being killed by Google and was hoping you could mention me, follow me, and especially link to me.

sethboyardee2.blogspot.com

Thanks!!!

Also I will be rebuilding my link list so let me know if I can reciproacte. Thanks again!!

Have a good one!

Steevo said...

It's a good sign that you are much less active here. That means you have a REAL life! The blogland life is sometimes a transition to better times. Thanks for the mention. I remember what a "pain" you were at times as you struggled to accept yourself. But that was/is normal. You were sure all your family would disown you. But deep inside you some small ember kept glowing and you learned to fan it enough to light your way "out"! Of all the people I've tried to help online, you were the one who had the farthest to go and then did it! So "bravo"!

All the pain was worth it, eh?

steevo
.
.