Friday, October 16, 2009

One sick puppy...

Bleh...i'm sick. On my hols no less. I started feeling a bit crap on sunday, and had been overloading on vitamin c and taking Zicam to try and stem the evil tide. But alas, my bodies defenses broke down sometime last night and i woke up feeling horrible. I've got the whole stuffy head, sore throat, headache, sniffles, sneezing, coughing, thing going for me right now. At least it looks like it's just a head cold and not the flu in any of its various and nasty varieties. The absolute worst part of getting sick is that i don't have a loving, caring, cute boy to take care of me while i'm under the weather. Woe is me.

So, i reckon that takes care of what to do while i'm on hols! Stay home and recover. It has given me the opportunity to knock down that giant pile of unwatched DVD's that been accumulating for a while, at least a little bit. I have this bad habit of seeing a DVD at the store (usually Best Buy or Costco) and thinking to myself "that looks good, might as well pick it up". Never mind that there are at least a hundred others just like it sitting on my shelves at home, unwatched, and in some cases unopened. Today i got through Beowulf, Slumdog Millionaire, and Eragon. Beowulf was entertaining, but i thought the computer enhanced life action got a bit tiring. Maybe it's just me in my semi-fevered state getting nit picky. Computer generated graphics are cool, and i absolutely love Anime. But to take live action and try and make it look animated makes no sense to me. It was very artistic and well done, but still...and i'm rambling. Slumdog Millionaire was a brilliant film. This was the first time i'd seen it. Incredible story, great cinematography, well produced. I really enjoyed that movie. Probably one of the best movies i've seen i a while. Eragon was pretty good too. The use of CG made to look real was pretty good. And the guy who plays Eragon (to lazy to look up his name atm) is deffo very cute. Yes, even in my sickened state, my pervy eyes know no rest. Hey, what else have i got to think about?

While i'm home sick, i think i'lll try and watch some of the anime i have bought and never watched. I have at least a dozen full series on DVD that need to be watched. Stuff like "Ergo Proxy", "E'S Otherwise", "Gantz", "Basilisk", "Samurai 7", "JYU-OH-SEI", "Mushi-Shi", and more. I got hooked on anime by watching the stuff played on Adult Swim such as "Neon Genesis Evangelion", "Cowboy Be-bop", "Deathnote", etc. All of them have some really interesting story lines and incredible animation. I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff. Anyway, i do the same thing with anime as i do with movies. I go to the store, browse the selection and buy what looks interesting. I'm waiting for the day that i buy a duplicate series and don't realize it until i've opened the package and go to file it away. No returns on opened merchandise!

Well, sorry for the boring post. I'm bored and lonely, so you all get to suffer my random thoughts and such. Have i mentioned that i'm bored and lonely?

Maybe some music will cheer me up. I have been listening to a lot of stuff in the electronic/dance genre lately. Sirius channel 38 "Area" has been playing in my car for ages now. By far, my favorite DJ to date is Tiesto. It's hard to really get a feel for how good he really is without sitting down and listening to one of his albums from start to finish. They flow like nothing else i have listened to in a long time and begin to take on a life of their own. They start slow and work up to a climax and then slowly let you back down again before finishing strong. Each listen is an adventure that covers a whole range of feelings and emotions and experiences. This track is from his "In Search of Sunrise 7: Asia" album. Wounded Soul...

5 comments:

naturgesetz said...

Well, at least you're getting some benefit from being laid up. I hope you recover enough for at least a short getaway.

Seth said...

You should delete that other comment its spam.

Awww, sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

*sending lots of chicken soup*

Rest and relax, fluids, you seem to know the drill. Gah - media overload!! Area 38 rocks, so does BPM. I'm more of a house head instead of trance, but Tiesto is cool too.

Deadwing said...

spam comments are not cool...they will be deleted. so, save us both some time and fuck off with your spam.

@naturgesetz: haha, well, no time to get away i'm afraid. this was only a week off to begin with, so won't be much time for anything once i'm on the mend.

@seth: BPM is cool too! i sometimes toggle between Area and BPM haha. and yes, the spam was deleted...quite bothersome. *enjoys the chicken soup!* ^_^

Biki Honko said...

Samurai 7 is awesome! Cowboy Bebop is the top of the heap at least to me..... Have you tried Samurai Champloo? It is done by the same studio as the cowboy, good stuff there also. As you can tell I am an anime freak, or otaku......

Just found your blog, love your 'voice'.

Oh, and the cute boy? If he can't enjoy a bit of social awkwardness in exchange for a seemingly nice guy? Then it is his loss, and your gain!

Deadwing said...

@Biki: yep, Samurai Champloo is pretty amazing! in fact, i've got that on dvd as well lol. i love anime! :P and thanks for the compliment. i'll head over and check out your blogs as soon as i can. and you are right, if he can't get past me being a little awkward (and i'm only awkward because i LIKE him, a lot haha), then i reckon it is his loss. Thanks for reading!